ISSUED DATE :2004/10/07
REVISED DATE :
Single Output Hall Effect Latch IC
The G177 is an integrated Hall effect latched sensor with output pull-high resistor driver designed for electronic commutation of
brushless DC motor applications and contactless switches. The device includes an on-chip Hall voltage generator for magnetic
sensing, a comparator that amplifies the Hall voltage, and a Schmitt trigger to provide switching hysteresis for noise rejection, and
output driver with pull-high resistor. An internal bandgap regulator is used to provide temperature compensated supply voltage for
internal circuits and allows a wide operating supply range.
If a magnetic flux density larger than threshold Bop, DO is turned on (low). The output state is held until a magnetic flux
density reversal falls below Brp causing DO to be turned off (high).
G177 is rated for operation over temperature range from -20 to 100 and voltage range from 3.5V to 28V. The devices
are available in low cost die forms or rugged 3 pin SIP packages.
* Wide range of supply voltage: 3.5V to 28V.
* Internal bandgap regulator allows temperature compensated operations and a wide operating voltage range.
* High sensitivity with a small magnet.
* TTL and MOS ICs directly drivable by output.
* Build in protection diode for chip reverse power connecting.
1)Brushless DC Motor
2)Brushless DC Fan