Motor driver ICs
Three-phase motor driver for
BA6858AFP / BA6858AFM / BA6859AFP /
BA6859AFP-Y / BA6859AFM / BA6859AFS
The BA6858A and BA6859A series are ICs developed for CD-ROM spindle motor drives. In addition to the functions
of the BA6849 series, (short brake, reverse-rotation prevention circuit, rotation direction dector, and FG output), the
BA6858A and BA6859A series have a built-in brake mode switching pin. With torque command input, these series are
compatible with the DSP3.3V. In addition, the BA6858A series has an FG composite output.
CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, and DVD-RAM
1) Three-phase, pseudo-linear drive system.
2) Built-in power save and thermal shutdown functions.
3) Built-in current limiter and Hall bias circuits.
4) Built-in FG output.
5) Built-in rotation direction detector.
6) Built-in reverse rotation prevention circuit.
7) Built-in short brake pin.
8) Built-in brake mode switching pin.
9) DSP3.3V compatible.
FAbsolute maximum ratings (Ta = 25_C)