Motor driver ICs
3-phase motor driver for
BA6848FP / BA6853FS
The BA6848FP and BA6853FS are single-chip ICs developed for CD-ROM spindle motor drives. These ICs are 3-
phase, full-wave, pseudo-linear drives with FG output, FG composite output, and reverse-rotation pins built-in for high
functionality and high performance.
CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-RAM
1) Three-phase, full wave, pseudo-linear drive system.
2) Built-in PS pin for power save mode when ON.
3) Built-in thermal shutdown and current limiter circuits.
4) Built-in Hall bias circuit (for the BA6848FP).
5) Built-in FG output and FG composite output.
6) Built-in reverse-rotation pin.
FAbsolute maximum ratings (Ta = 25_C)
FRecommended operating conditions (Ta = 25_C)