FM / TV front end
The BA4424N is a monolithic IC designed for FM front end use. It consists of an RF amplifier circuit, mixer circuit, local
oscillation circuit, IF buffer amplifier, and a variable capacitor-diode for AFC.
1) An RF amplifier, mixer, local oscillator, IF buffer am-
plifier, and AFC diode are included on-chip.
2) Reception of VHF terrestrial TV channels is possible.
3) Uses a double balance mixer to improve intermo-
4) Includes a clamp diode in the mixer output.
5) Local oscillation buffer on-chip for improved re-
sponse to strong input.
6) The output impedance of the IF buffer amplifier is
matched with the ceramic filter impedance at 330Ω.
FAbsolute maximum ratings (Ta = 25_C)
7) A resistive load can also be used for the mixer out-
8) Mixer input coupling capacitor included on-chip.
9) Includes a feedback capacitor for the local oscilla-
10) Compact 9-pin SIP package. Pins arranged for
FRecommended operating conditions (Ta = 25_C)