Mute detector IC for 3V sets
The BA3708F is a mute detector IC for 3V tape players. When the signal is higher than the input decision level VIN and
longer than the song detect time, a pulse of width TW is output after the pulse delay time TD which begins when the input
signal ends. The output is an open collector which enables direct drive of the plunger. A mute function is included which
makes it possible to stop detection.
3V tape players
1) Low supply voltage (can be operated at 1.8V; recom-
mended operating voltage is 2.0 to 5.0V).
2) Uses the song detection method to minimize incor-
rect detection caused by noise between songs.
3) The pulse delay time TD, pulse width TW, and song de-
tect time TC can be set using external CR time
4) Includes a mute circuit which makes it possible to
stop song selection.
5) Built-in output transistor enables direct drive of the
plunger. (IO Max. = 100mA)
FAbsolute maximum ratings (Ta = 25_C)
FRecommended operating conditions