Trickle-charge IC for two-cell,
The BA3170 is a trickle-charge IC developed for two-cell, lithium-ion batteries.The IC includes a charge control circuit,
a charge output transistor, and an LED driver for showing the charging status.
Lithium-ion (two cell) battery chargers, and charging circuits
1) Output voltage can be varied using an external resis-
2) The output pin is PNP output with low saturation volt-
3) Built-in output current limiting circuit protects batter-
ies from excessive current, and prevents destruction
of the IC due to output shorts.
The initial charge current is set to a low value (the cur-
rent limit pin voltage can be used to vary the current
4) Pulse charging at over 99% of the final voltage.
5) Built-in over-discharge battery return circuit.
6) Built-in charge fault protection circuit.
7) Built-in over-voltage battery operation circuit.
8) Built-in LED output for charge display (two outputs).
9) 12-pin power package provides large power dissipa-
tion in a compact package.
10) Temperature protection circuit prevents thermal de-
struction of the IC.
FAbsolute maximum ratings (Ta = 25_C)
FRecommended operating conditions (Ta = 25_C)