NTSC/PAL Digital Video Encoder
The AK8817 is a Digital Video Encoder for Portable and Mobile application. ITU-R BT.601 level compatible Y, Cb,and Cr
signals which correspond to 27MHz or square pixel are encoded into either NTSC or PAL compatible composite video signal.
Interface is made in HSYNC-, VSYNC- synchronized slave-mode operation or ITU-R.Bt656. AK8817 has 75ohm driver with
It is possible to encode the VBID(CGMS-A) and WSS signal on the output video signal.
Host Control interface is I2C Bus I/F.
• NTSC-M, PAL-B, D, G, H, I Composite Video encoding
• Y:Cb:Cr 4:2:2
• H/V Slave Operation / ITU-R.BT656 Interface
• Y filtering: 2 x over-sampling
• C filtering: 4 x over-sampling
• 9bit DAC
• Macrovision Rev.7.1.1L
• VBID ( CGMS-A ) Compatible
• WSS Compatible
• Operation Clock rate : 27MHz or Square-pixel Clock rate(NTSC:24.5454MHz/PAL29.50MHz)
• Video Amp with LPF
• On-chip Color Bar Output
• Black Burst Output
• Power Supply (AVDD, DVDD) 2.7V - 3.3V
• I/F Power Supply (PVDD) 1.6V - 3.3V
• Power Down mode
• Monolithic CMOS
• 41pin FBGA(4mm x 4mm) (Pb Free)
(Notice *) This device is protected by U.S. patent numbers 4,631,603, 4,577,216, and 4,819,098, and other
intellectual rights. The use of Macrovision’s copy protection technology in the device must be authorized by
Macrovision and is intended for home and other limited pay-per -view use only, unless otherwise authorized in
written by Macrovision. Reverse engineering or disassembly is prohibited.
2007 / 03