June 1999 File Number 4562.3
Radiation Hardened High Frequency
Half Bridge Driver
The Radiation Hardened HS-2100RH is a high frequency,
100V Half Bridge N-Channel MOSFET Driver IC, which is a
functional, pin-to-pin replacement for the Intersil HIP2500
and the industry standard 2110 types. The low-side and
high-side gate drivers are independently controlled. This
gives the user maximum ﬂexibility in dead-time selection and
In addition, the device has on-chip error detection and
correction circuitry, which monitors the state of the high-side
latch and compares it to the HIN signal. If they disagree, a
set or reset pulse is generated to correct the high-side latch.
This feature protects the high-side latch from SEUs.
Undervoltage on the high-side supply forces HO low. When
that supply returns to a valid voltage, HO will go to the state
of HIN. Undervoltage on the low-side supply forces both LO
and HO low. When that supply becomes valid, LO returns to
the LIN state and HO returns to the HIN state.
Speciﬁcations for Rad Hard QML devices are controlled
by the Defense Supply Center in Columbus (DSCC). The
SMD numbers listed here must be used when ordering.
Detailed Electrical Speciﬁcations for the HS-2100RH are
contained in SMD 5962-99536. A “hot-link” is provided
on our homepage for downloading.
This link will not be available until the SMD is ﬁnalized.
-55 to 125
-55 to 125
HS9-2100RH/Proto -55 to 125
• Electrically Screened to DESC SMD # 5962-99536
• QML Qualiﬁed per MIL-PRF-38535 Requirements
• Radiation Environment
- Maximum Total Dose . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3 x 105 RAD(SI)
- DI RSG Process Provides Latch-up Immunity
- Vertical Architecture Provides Low Dose Rate Immunity
• Bootstrap Supply Max Voltage to 120V
• Drives 1000pF Load at 1MHz with Rise and Fall Times of
• 1A (Typ) Peak Output Current
• Independent Inputs for Non-Half Bridge Topologies
• Low DC Power Consumption . . . . . . . . . . . . . 60mW (Typ)
• Operates with VDD = VCC Over 12V to 20V Range
• Supply Undervoltage Protection
• High Frequency Switch-Mode Power Supplies
• Drivers for Inductive Loads
• DC Motor Drivers
1 CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 321-724-7143 | Copyright © Intersil Corporation 1999