1N5221B-1 thru 1N5281B-1
500 mW GLASS AXIAL-LEAD
The popular 1N5221B-1 thru 1N5281B-1 series of 0.5 watt Zener voltage regulators provides a
selection from 2.4 to 200 volts in standard 5% or 10% tolerances as well as tighter tolerances
identified by different suffix letters on the part number. These glass, axial-leaded DO-35
Zeners are also available in various up-screening levels by adding a prefix identifier as
described in the “Part Nomenclature” section of this datasheet. Microsemi also offers
numerous other Zener products to meet higher and lower power applications.
Important: For the latest information, visit our website http://www.microsemi.com.
• JEDEC registered 1N5221 thru 1N5281 series.
• Voltage tolerances of 10%, 5%, 2%, and 1% available.
• Internal metallurgical bond.
• Up-screening in reference to MIL-PRF-19500 is available. (See part nomenclature for all available
• RoHS compliant versions available (commercial grade only).
APPLICATIONS / BENEFITS
• Regulates voltage over a broad operating current and temperature range.
• Extensive selection from 2.4 to 200 V.
• Flexible axial-lead mounting terminals.
• Non-sensitive to ESD (MIL-STD-750 method 1020).
• Minimal capacitance (see Figure 2).
• Inherently radiation hard per Microsemi “MicroNote 050”.
Also available in:
Junction and Storage Temperature
Thermal Resistance Junction-to-Lead (1)
Thermal Resistance Junction-to-Ambient (2)
Steady-State Power Dissipation (3)
Forward Voltage @ 200 mA
Solder Temperature @ 10 s
TJ and TSTG
-65 to +175
1. At 3/8 (10 mm) lead length from body.
2. When mounted on FR4 PC board (1 oz Cu) with 4 mm2 copper pads and track width 1 mm, length 25
3. At T L < 50 oC 3/8 inch (10 mm) from body or 0.48 W at T A < 25 ºC when mounted on FR4 PC board as
described for thermal resistance above (also see Figure1).
MSC – Lawrence
6 Lake Street,
Lawrence, MA 01841
Tel: 1-800-446-1158 or
Fax: (978) 689-0803
MSC – Ireland
Gort Road Business Park,
Ennis, Co. Clare, Ireland
Tel: +353 (0) 65 6840044
Fax: +353 (0) 65 6822298
T4-LDS-0232, Rev. 1 (111957)
©2011 Microsemi Corporation
Page 1 of 5